HUDSON, NH – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will travel to Hudson International Speedway, June 14, for the Gate City Classic. The Gate City Classic will be the fourth event of the 12-race season, and will be the seventh time the Granite State Pro Stock Series has visited the facility since 2012, running twice a season each year. The following is a closer look at the numbers of the Granite State Pro Stock Series (GSPSS), and Hudson International Speedway.
HUDSON INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY NOTES:
-Hudson International Speedway was built in 1947.
-Nicknamed “The Original Family Fun Track”.
-This unique track is designed for close, side-by-side racing, running Sunday nights throughout the summer, and features divisions such as Thunder Lights, Roadrunners, and Rookie Stocks.
HUDSON INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY RACE INFO:
GATE CITY CLASSIC: Race 4 of 12 on 2015 season
LENGTH: 1/4 mile oval
BANKING: 12 degrees
RACE LENGTH: 100 laps
HUDSON INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY STATISTICS:
- There have been five winners in six different races at Hudson International Speedway (Mike O’Sullivan, Larry Gelinas, Brad Babb, Bobby Cabral, Bobby Baillargeon).
- Hudson International Speedway has hosted two races per year since the inception of the GSPSS (2012).
- The track averages 17.33 drivers per GSPSS race.
- Two drivers have competed in all six events at the raceway (Barry Gray, Derek Griffith)
SERIES LEADERS AT HUDSON INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
T1. Barry Gray 6
T1. Derek Griffith 6
T3. Mike Parks 5
T3. Keith Caruso 5
T3. Bobby Baillargeon 5
1. Bobby Baillargeon 2
T2. Four tied with 1
T1. Matt Frahm 3
T1. Bobby Baillargeon 3
T3. Brad Babb 2
T3. Larry Gelinas 2
T3. Derek Griffith 2
1. Barry Gray 6
2. Keith Caruso 5
T3. Four tied with 4
AVERAGE FEATURE FINISH (minimum 3 races)
1. Matt Frahm 3.75
2. Larry Gelinas 4.25
3. Jay Sands 5.25
4. Bobby Baillargeon 6.6
5. Barry Gray 6.83
#12 Derek Griffith
- Has one win, nine top 3s, and seventeen top 10 finishes in twenty-four total races with the GSPSS.
- Picked up his first career series win at Claremont Speedway April 24, 2015.
- Has two top 3 finishes, and four top 10s in six races at Hudson International Speedway, including a second place finish (Hudson Hugger, 2013).
- Owns an 8.17 average feature finish at Hudson International Speedway.
#66 Mike Parks
- Has earned four top 3s, and seventeen top 10 finishes in thirty-one career GSPSS events.
- Finished a career-best 2nd twice (Hudson 2012, Monadnock 2013).
- Owns a top 3, and three top 10 finishes at Hudson, including a second place finish (Gate City Classic, 2012).
- Has an average feature finish of 7 in five races at Hudson.
#29 Barry Gray
- Has recorded four wins, seven top 3s, and twenty-three top 10 finishes in thirty career GSPSS events.
- His four wins have come in each GSPSS season (2012-15), and all at Monadnock Speedway.
- In six races at Hudson, has a top 3, and six top 10 finishes.
- Has an average feature finish of 6.83 at Hudson Speedway.
#37 Larry Gelinas
- Has tallied two wins, eleven top 3s, and twenty-one top 10 finishes in twenty-six races with the GSPSS.
- His two victories were at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2013) and Hudson International Speedway (2014).
- Has picked up a win, two top 3s, and four top 10s at Hudson Speedway.
- Owns an average feature finish of 4.25 in four starts at Hudson.
#08 Mike O’Sullivan
- The 2013 series champion has earned three victories, eight top 3s, and sixteen top 10s in twenty-three career GSPSS starts.
- His three victories (Monadnock 2012, Hudson 2013, TSMP 2014) are second on the all-time win list in the GSPSS.
- His win at Hudson was in his first start at the track with the GSPSS, and adds two top 10s at the track.
- O’Sullivan owns a 3.5 average feature finish at Hudson.
#16 Tommy O’Sullivan
- Has one top 3, and thirteen top 10s in twenty career GSPSS feature starts.
- His career best finish of 3rd was notched at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2013).
- In three races, O’Sullivan owns an average feature finish of 7.33 at Hudson, including three top 10s.
#14 Matt Frahm
- Tied for the series’ lead in wins, Frahm has four victories, twelve top 3s, and seventeen top 10s in twenty-four career GSPSS starts.
- Of his four victories, two have occurred at Monadnock (Star Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway).
- Frahm has finished in the top 10 in each of his four attempts at Hudson, adding three top 3s, with a career best finish of second (Hudson Hugger, 2014).
- Has an average feature finish of 3.75 at Hudson.
#87 Bobby Cabral
- The 2012 series champion has one win, three top 3s, and eight top 10s in thirteen races with the GSPSS.
- His lone victory occurred at Hudson International Speedway (Gate City Classic, 2012).
- His win at Hudson is accompanied by two top 10s.
- Owns an average feature finish of 7 at Hudson.
For more information on the Granite State Pro Stock Series, visit www.gspss.net.