Granite State Pro Stock Series at White Mountain Motorsports Park: A Closer Look at the Numbers
NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will travel to White Mountain Motorsports Park, on August 1, for the WMMP 100. The WMMP 100 will be the eighth event of the 12-race season, and will be the second time the Granite State Pro Stock Series has visited the facility since the series’ inception. The following is a closer look at the numbers of the Granite State Pro Stock Series (GSPSS), and White Mountain Motorsports Park (WMMP).
WHITE MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS PARK NOTES:
- Opened in 1994, under owners Donnie and Teri Avery, who still own and operate the facility today.
- Has hosted American-Canadian Tour, Pro All Stars Series, Busch North events, as well as the Granite State Pro Stock Series.
- Nearly two weeks ago, new pavement was laid down on the outside groove, in an effort to increase side-by-side action.
WMMP 100 RACE INFO:
WMMP 100: Race 8 of 12 on 2015 season
TRACK LENGTH: 1/4-mile oval
RACE LENGTH: 100 laps
- The Granite State Pro Stock Series has only raced at the facility once, in which Brad Babb picked up his second win of the year in 2014, beating out former Kid’s Truck driver Jeremy Davis and eventual champion, Dillon Moltz.
- 32 cars attempted to qualify for last year’s Fadden’s General Store 100.
Fadden General Store 100 results
White Mountain Motorsports Park
POS (Start) Driver Hometown
1. (3) Brad Babb Windham, ME
2. (5) Jeremy Davis Tamworth, NH
3. (18) Dillon Moltz Waterford, CT
4. (12) Derek Griffith Hudson, NH
5. (19) Tommy O’Sullivan Wilbraham, MA
6. (23) Zig Geno Canterbury, NH
7. (24) Larry Gelinas Buxton, ME
8. (8) Craig Weinstein East Walpole, MA
9. (7) Mike Parks Walpole, NH
10. (21) George Bessette Danbury, CT
11. (11) Michael Lavoie Chicoutimi, PQ
12. (6) Richie Dearborn Hollis Center, ME
13. (1) Bobby Nadeau Buxton, ME
14. (13) Mike O’Sullivan Springfield, MA
15. (2) Barry Gray Belchertown, MA
16. (15) George Helliwell Derry, NH
17. (9) Cory Robert Canaan, NH
18. (4) Dennis Maxfield Fitchburg, MA
19. (22) Joey Squeglia, JR Derry, NH
20. (10) Matt Frahm Hampstead, NH
21. (17) Quinny Welch Lancaster, NH
22. (16) Bobby Cabral Kingston, NH
23. (20) Billy Ryder Sundown, NH
24. (14) Adam Norton Ludlow, MA
GRANITE STATE PRO STOCK SERIES DRIVER NOTES:
#12 Derek Griffith
- Has three wins, twelve top 3s, and twenty top 10 finishes in twenty-eight total races with the GSPSS.
- Finished outside the top five once this year, at Speedway 51. Griffith suffered engine troubles, and retired from the race early.
- Has an average feature finish of 3.29 in seven races this season, and is the point leader entering the WMMP 100.
- Has three wins, five top 3s, and six top 10 finishes in 2014.
- Finished fourth at White Mountain Motorsports Park in 2014.
#66 Mike Parks
Has earned four top 3s, and nineteen top 10 finishes in thirty-five career GSPSS events.
- Finished a career-best 2nd twice (Hudson 2012, Monadnock 2013).
- Owns a 9.29 average feature finish in 2015.
- Has two top 3s and four top 10s in seven races this year, and sits fourth in points entering the WMMP 100.
- Finished 9th at White Mountain Motorsports Park in 2014.
#29 Barry Gray
- Is the co-leader with four wins on the tour, adding eight top 3s, and twenty-seven top 10 finishes in thirty-four career GSPSS events.
- His four wins have come in each GSPSS season (2012-15), and all at Monadnock Speedway.
- Has a 4.43 average feature finish this season, putting him second in points.
- In 2015, Gray has one win, three top 3s, and seven top 10s in seven events this year.
- Is the only driver to finish in the top 10 in each event to start the season.
- Finished fifteenth at WMMP in 2014, after being involved in an incident late in the race.
#37ME Larry Gelinas
- “Lightning” Larry has tallied two wins, eleven top 3s, and twenty-three top 10 finishes in twenty-eight races with the GSPSS.
- His two victories were at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2013) and Hudson International Speedway (2014).
- Former Oxford 250 champion (1996)
- Has two top 3s, and five top 10s in six races this season.
- Finished seventh at WMMP in 2014.
#08 Mike O’Sullivan
- 2013 Champion of the GSPSS.
- Has three wins on the tour, along with eight top 3s, and seventeen top 10s in twenty-five races.
- In six races this season, O’Sullivan has three top 3s.
- Finished fourteenth at WMMP in 2014.
#21 Josh King
- Has finished outside the top 10 only once this year, in seven starts, and is third in points entering the event.
- Has twelve top 10s in twenty-eight starts on the tour.
- Owns an average feature finish of 8.29 in seven starts this year.
#5 Dillon Moltz
- Is the 2014 champion of the series.
- Has earned two wins, five top 3s, and thirteen top 10s in fourteen career GSPSS starts.
- Has an average feature finish of 5.07 in his career with the tour.
- Finished third in 2014 at WMMP.
#09 Jeremy Davis
- Has four wins in the GSPSS, and is tied with Matt Frahm and Barry Gray for the all-time lead in the category.
- Along with his four wins, has seven top 3s, and sixteen top 10s in twenty-one career starts.
- Has an average feature finish of 6.81 in his career with the series.
- Is on a tear entering the event, winning back-to-back events, with two top 3s, and four top 10s in five starts in 2014, good enough for a 6.4 average feature finish in 2015.
- Finished second at WMMP in 2014.
#16 Tommy O’Sullivan
- In twenty-three races with the series, owns fourteen top 10s, including a third at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.
- Has an average feature finish of 11.33 in 2015, while fighting mechanical troubles nearly all year long.
- Finished fifth at WMMP in 2014.
For more information on the Granite State Pro Stock Series, visit www.gspss.net.